Thank you. We have added the item to your cart.
If you would like to add additional places, please click on Add to Cart again and the quantity in your cart will update.
If you are now ready to checkout, please either click here or press the basket button at the top right of the page.
Or if you want to continue to browse the site, then when you are ready to checkout please click the basket at the top right of the page.
This one day meat cooking class course celebrates The Best of British meat. You will leave knowing how to prepare and cook different cuts of meat and how to transform them into delicious dishes.
The chef on the day will be professional and friendly, with years of experience in the restaurant industry. They will guide you through the essential skills and techniques so you can recreate the dishes you learn on the cookery course in your own kitchens.
Techniques you will learn on this meat cookery course:
- How to spatchcock a bird
- Basic butchery and trimming on a joint of lamb
- How to perfectly cook a steak & make accompanying sauces
- How to make confit duck (a traditional french slow cooking technique) and turn this into a duck rillette
- How to use bones & trimmings to make a rich restaurant quality sauce
- How to master slow cooking to leave your meat rich and succulent
- How to roll and tie a joint of meat
- Presentation techniques to make your home cooked dishes stand out
Recipes on the Best of British Meat cooking class: *
- Spatchcock quail, with aromatic couscous, pomegranate seeds and a walnut and hoisin dressing
- Duck confit served made into aromatic rillettes
- Chump of lamb with a madeira wine, caper and basil sauce
- Slow cooked pork belly with crispy crackling
- Steak three ways with a quick peppercorn sauce & sauce vierge
* We reserve the right to change dishes if dietary requirements or allergies necessitate.
The perfect cooking course for..... people who enjoy eating delicious meat dishes in restaurants, and want to learn how to cook meat perfectly at home. A range of different techniques will be covered so that everybody from novice to enthusiastic cooks will enjoy the day and leave inspired. No prior experience required.
Related cooking courses:
Lunch is provided on this Best of British meat cooking class as well as all equipment and aprons to use on the day. Most of the food will be consumed on the day and you will leave with the knowledge to recreate it all at home.
All of our cookery course take place at our cookery school on the Catton Hall estate on the Derbyshire / Staffordshire border. With ample free parking our location is easy to find & within easy reach of Leicester, Birmingham and other major conurbations.
Please inform us when booking onto the course if you have any allergies, dietary requirements. Please note that vegetarians can not be catered for on this meat cooking class.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information about this Best of British Meat cooking class.
Most full day courses run from 10:00am until 4:00pm
If different, this will be stated on the course page
Lunch & refreshments throughout the day are provided
We will take care of the washing up so you can enjoy the day
Free on site parking is available.