- Lamb fillet, with a middle eastern style salad and dressing
- Chicken three ways: poached chicken breast with a chicken and tarragon mousse
- Slow cooked confit of chicken thigh and lemon & thyme marinaded chicken legs
- Steak three ways with a béarnaise sauce
- Scotch eggs made with haggis, black pudding and pork (to take home)
- Slow cooked pigs cheeks in a rich red wine sauce
Throughout the day you’ll stop to eat the food you’ve cooked in our private dining room with everyone else. A chance to share your experiences in creating the dishes as well as great food and a glass of wine.
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
- Basic butchery of a chicken, taking the breasts off, deboning the thighs and jointing the leg
- How to roll and stuff a chicken breast & poach it
- How to pan fry meat & rest it before serving
- Using bones and trimmings to make a rich restaurant quality sauce
- How to master slow cooking to leave your meat rich and succulent
- Making scotch eggs
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
Your chef tutor
This meat cooking class is taught by one of our team of expert local chefs. With many years of experience between them, covering everything from top restaurant service to catering for royalty, you’ll be in the hands of experts. They are all passionate about teaching aspiring chefs and home cooks and make the day a fun and vibrant experience. If you’re looking to learn professional tips and techniques for getting the most from meat, these are the experts to learn them from.
About your day
Our cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your Place
No prior experience is necessary for this Best of British Meat course. This course is a wonderful experience, as you will be able to learn from a master, meet new people, and enjoy some delicious food and wine along the way. Book online or call us on 0123 711681.