This one-day meat cooking class celebrates the very best of British meat. You will leave knowing how to prepare and cook different cuts of meat and how to transform them into delicious dishes. If you’re a meat lover, this class will help you extend what you cook with your favourite cut to really make the most of it.
– Spatchcock quail, with aromatic couscous, pomegranate seeds and a walnut and hoisin dressing
– Duck confit made into aromatic rillettes
– Chump of lamb with a Madeira wine, caper and basil sauce
– Slow cooked pork belly with crispy crackling
– Steak three ways with a quick peppercorn sauce & sauce vierge
Throughout the day you’ll stop to eat the food you’ve cooked in our private dining room with everyone else. A chance to share your experiences in creating the dishes as well as great food and a glass of wine.
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
– How to spatchcock a bird
– Basic butchery and trimming on a joint of lamb
– How to perfectly cook a steak and make accompanying sauces
– Making confit duck (a traditional French slow cooking technique) and turn this into a duck rillette
– Using bones and trimmings to make a rich restaurant quality sauce
– How to master slow cooking to leave your meat rich and succulent
– How to roll and tie a joint of meat
– Presentation techniques to make your home cooked dishes stand out
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
Your chef tutor
This meat cooking class is taught by one of our team of expert local chefs. With many years of experience between them, covering everything from top restaurant service to catering for royalty, you’ll be in the hands of experts. They are all passionate about teaching aspiring chefs and home cooks and make the day a fun and vibrant experience. If you’re looking to learn professional tips and techniques for getting the most from meat, these are the experts to learn them from.
About your day
Our cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your Place
No prior experience is necessary for this Best of British Meat course. This course is a wonderful experience, as you will be able to learn from a master, meet new people, and enjoy some delicious food and wine along the way. Book online or call us on 0123 711681.