Overview of the course
For anyone looking to hone and develop their skills in Spanish cookery this is the perfect course for you. Anyone who attends this Spanish cooking class can rest assured that they are learning in the company of an experienced professional. It is a great chance to learn and new cooking methods and recipes, and is also a great social occasion with like minded people.
Techniques taught on this course will be:
By the end of this Spanish cooking class, you should have mastered the key techniques, namely:
- How to balance spices & flavours across a range of traditional Spanish and Mediterranean dishes
– How to reproduce a range of starters, main courses and tapas style dishes, perfect for easy entertaining at home
– Learn how to make authentic flat breads
– How to make the perfect meringues
– Learn how to make scrumptious spicy salads
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in applying all of these techniques, so that you will have no trouble repeating the recipes when you get home.
Jenny Chandler: the expert chef who will take you through the course
The expert chef teaching this Spanish cooking class, Jenny Chandler, has books on the subject, being a published author with a history of travelling the Mediterranean in the pursuit of her craft. Jenny has worked as a chef on a yacht, a food picker, a restaurant consultant, restaurant manager and eventually food blogger, writer and instructor. Jenny is keen to share her knowledge and passion for Spanish cuisine.
Dishes made on the day*:
Throughout the day, you will learn to cook all of these delicious recipes, and you will be able to enjoy eating your own creations:
– Aubergine zaalouk with flat breads
– Roasted beetroot and tomato salad
– Spiced mackerel, courgette and mint salad
– Aromatic butterfly leg of lamb with roasted peppers and butter beans
– Almond soplillo meringues with PX sherry raisins
*Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, if required to meet the dietary requirements or allergy concerns of our guests.
Book your place on the course today
This course is perfect for anyone who wishes to learn and master the flavours and techniques of Spanish cooking.
Lunch and refreshments are provided, along with any equipment you will need, so there is no need to bring anything. Please let us know when booking your place if you have any dietary requirements, allergies or are a vegetarian so we can accommodate you.