Overview of the course
Get into the Christmas spirit with this one-day Christmas cookery course entertaining course which will teach you a range of different culinary skills & techniques suitable for festive drinks parties, suppers, lunches and celebrations over the Christmas period.
The skills learnt on the day will stay with you in your kitchens throughout the year with all different types of cookery. Alongside the different cookery skills we will take each dish and show how you can vary the recipe & presentation to make it suitable for a canape, light lunch or celebration dish.
Techniques learnt on this course will be:
By the end of this Christmas cookery course, you will have mastered the key techniques, namely:
- How to cure salmon
– Slow cooking & confit duck
– Slow cooking beef
– Making pastry to create a delicious wellington
– How to prepare the majority of your meal in advance
– Poaching fruit
– Making pannacotta
– Serving and presentation techniques
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in applying all of these techniques, so that you will have no trouble repeating the recipes when you get home.
Ian Boden: the expert chef who will take you through the course
Based in Derbyshire, Ian has ample experience in the world of gourmet cookery, having worked as a chef creating Michelin starred meals at coveted venues such as The Belfry, The Vineyard and the Birmingham Swallow. More recently Ian has started his own business, based in the courtyard at Catton Hall, providing pubs and restaurants with menus, training and development ideas. Ian is our most local chef & always delights customers with his skills, enthusiasm and passion for cookery. You are sure to enjoy the day and take away nuggets of information that will stay with you in your home kitchens.
Dishes made on the day*:
Throughout the day, you will learn to cook all of these delicious recipes, and you will be able to enjoy your own food as you go along:
– Duck bon bon canapes
– Beetroot & cured salmon blinis
– Beef cheek ‘hash’
– Beetroot cured salmon with horseradish and apple as a starter
– Orange and cinnamon glazed confit duck with a spiced plum chutney
– Beef wellington, butter fondant and bordelaise sauce
– Slow cooked beef cheeks, grain mustard mash, orange and cardamon carrots
Dessert / petite four
– Poached pear and nutmeg panna cotta – served in shot glasses as a plated dessert or a petite fours at a drinks party
*Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, if required to meet the dietary requirements or allergy concerns of our guests.
Book your place on this Christmas cookery course today