Throughout the day, you will cook all of these delicious bakes to take home with you:
- Chicken, Smoked Bacon & Apricot Hot Water Crust pies
- Eclairs, profiteroles and religieuse – three ways with choux pastry, filled with crème patissiére and decorated with chocolate ganache & whipped cream
- Seasonal fruit pithivier
Throughout the day you’ll stop to eat the food you’ve cooked in our private dining room with everyone else. A chance to share your experiences in creating the dishes as well as great food.
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
- How to make hot water crust pastry for savoury pastries and pies
- Create light, flaky puff pastry from scratch
- Learn to make wonderfully versatile sweet pastry, perfect for sweet pies, tarts and tortes
- Create perfectly smooth crème patissiére, a must for any budding pastry chef
- Learn the art of impressive presentation skills to really show off your creations
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
Your chef tutor
Leading the class with her infectious enthusiasm will be 2013 Great British Bake Off semi-finalist, Beca Lyne-Pirkis. Beca grew up in a family that loved to bake and has since become a talented baker in her own right. She perfects traditional techniques as well as exploring delicious new flavour combinations. With her warm personality, Beca makes everything on the course achievable and gives everyone the confidence to recreate these bakes at home. This is your opportunity to learn in a fun, relaxed environment from a chef who has a real passion for baking. Let Beca guide you through the skills and techniques you’ll need to fulfil all your pastry making aspirations.
About your day
Our baking courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
Your day includes a delicious light lunch served with wine or soft drinks. Please bring three large containers so you can take home your delicious creations.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your place
No prior experience is necessary for this Perfect Pastry course. This course is a wonderful experience, as you will be able to learn from a master, meet new people, and enjoy some delicious food and wine along the way. Book online or call us on 0123 711681.