Recipes learnt *New Menu*
- Salmon en croute with a stem ginger, citrus zest & herb stuffing, served with a lemon creme fraiche – ideal for a festive lunch or as a starter to a Christmas meal
- Fillet of Beef wrapped in a truffle mushroom duxelle & pancetta
- Served with Dauphinoise cubes, mushroom & goats cheese tortelinni, red wine sauce & wilted spinach
- Chocolate souffles with a hazelnut brittle and an orange & hazelnut cream
During the day, you’ll be able to enjoy the food you’ve cooked in the private dining room, with the rest of the group. It will be the perfect opportunity to share your cookery experiences, from the day and in your own kitchen.
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests.)
- Making Salmon en croute with a delicious stuffing
- Making pasta & tortellini
- How to cook a rich red wine gravy
- Cooking, resting & carving beef to perfection
- How to cook, set and reheat dauphinoise potatoes so they can be made in advance & presented professionally – great for entertaining
- Making soufflés
You will be able to practice, and perfect, these techniques, ready to impress your friends and family at home. You’ll also get to see Jack demonstrating a number of dishes, some of which you can then try and replicate. You’ll also get hints and tips from Jack on presenting and plating up dishes to the highest standard.
Your chef tutor
At just 21, Jack Lucas signed up to MasterChef, one of the most competitive chef competitions in the UK. After reaching the final, Jack gave up his role as a supermarket yoghurt buyer and headed off around the world. For six months he delved into the culture and flavours of cuisines around the world.
On his return to the UK, he took the knowledge from his travels to update traditional dishes with his own global twist. He’s worked as a private chef around the UK and regularly presents at food festivals. You’ll also find Jack on the Tastemade channel, with videos on everything from Chocolate French Toasties to Fried Chicken.
About your day
This one-day cookery course takes place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together with the rest of the course participants during the day in our private dining room to enjoy the food you’ve been preparing. It’s a great chance to share your experiences of the day, not to mention good food and drink.
Our day courses run from 10:15 am to 4 pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10 am.
Ready to book?
At Seasoned we love the incredible selection of chefs we work with, who are passionate about their areas of food expertise. They’ll happily answer any questions you have about what they’re doing and clearly demonstrate each technique.
Our aim with every course is that you leave feeling inspired and with a range of new recipes and skills to create great dishes at home.
Of course, our chefs are much in demand. Courses do get booked up very quickly when we release dates. If you’ve got any questions before you book, please get in touch, and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Ready to book? Book now online or call us on 01283 711681