For anyone looking to update their culinary repertoire with flavours from the Middle East, this course is a fascinating insight into the different ingredients, flavours and techniques of this up and coming cuisine.
From fabulous falafel that can be used as part of a meze platter, a light lunch, or a starter, to perfect pillowy pilaf that can be the centre piece of a feast and varied with different flavours throughout the year.
Middle Eastern cuisine is quite rightly now getting the adoration it deserves and Jenny Chandler, your chef for the day, is the perfect person to inspire you with the history & flavours of these dishes.
- Labneh – fresh soft cheese with beetroot and tomato salad
- Fava bean falafel with tarator dressing
- Chicken, almond and apricot pilaff
- Lebanese parsley and onion salad with pistachio pesto
- Cardamon and rosewater rice pudding
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
- How to make traditional Middle Eastern dishes including labneh
- A simple but luxurious Middle Eastern cheese
- Create delicious falafel with different flavour combinations & accompaniments
- Learn how to make the perfect pilaff
- How to make delicious pesto
- Learn how to make a scrumptious Middle Eastern dessert
This day course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
Your chef tutor
The expert chef, Jenny Chandler has worked as a chef on a yacht, a restaurant consultant, restaurant manager and eventually food writer and instructor, rounded by decades of immersion on Mediterranean and in Middle Eastern cuisine.
About your day
Our cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your place
No prior experience is necessary for this Middle Eastern cookery course. This course is a wonderful experience, as you will be able to learn from a master, meet new people, and enjoy some delicious food and wine along the way. Book online or call us on 0123 711681.