Thank you. We have added the item to your cart.
If you would like to add additional places, please click on Add to Cart again and the quantity in your cart will update.
If you are now ready to checkout, please either click here or press the basket button at the top right of the page.
Or if you want to continue to browse the site, then when you are ready to checkout please click the basket at the top right of the page.
This one day men's cookery course is designed for people who are looking for a fun day learning the basics of cooking and to develop a repertoire of simple, tasty dishes.
Your chef for the day will be Adam Picket, Chef lecturer at University College Birmingham. Adam is particularly passionate about making cookery courses fun with just the right mix of humour and guidance, so you are in the best of hands for a fun-filled and informative day.
Techniques you will learn on this men's cookery course:
- Knife skills so that you will feel confident slicing and dicing in your kitchen at home
- How to roast a chicken and use the meat to create a range of delicious and versatile dishes
- How to pan fry a steak
- How to make two sauces that can be adapted with various flavour combinations
- How to make a sponge cake, which can be adapted to suit your favourite flavours
- Be shown how to make a crème anglaise
Recipes on this men's cookery course: *
- Roast chicken
- Pan fried Sea Bass with sauce vierge
- Rump steak with peppercorn sauce
- Warm Thai chicken salad
- Penne pasta with chicken, pancetta, leek and parmesan
- Ginger and syrup sponge with crème anglaise
* We reserve the right to change dishes if dietary requirements or allergies necessitate.
The perfect cookery course for... men who want some new skills and fresh ideas for cooking everyday or food for friends at home. No previous experience required.
Lunch is provided on this cookery course as well as all the equipment for the day and use of aprons. Throughout this men's cookery course you will enjoy all of the food that you have cooked as different courses in our dining room, served with accompanying wine.
All of our cookery course take place at our cookery school on the Catton Hall estate on the Derbyshire / Staffordshire border. Within easy reach of Birmingham, Leicester, Derby and Nottingham, we are easy to find and have ample free parking.
Please inform us when booking onto the course if you have any allergies, dietary requirements or are vegetarian. Please note, we may be unable to accommodate sever dietary requirements however we will do our utmost.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you require further information about this course.
Most full day courses run from 10:00am until 4:00pm
If different, this will be stated on the course page
Lunch & refreshments throughout the day are provided
We will take care of the washing up so you can enjoy the day
Free on site parking is available.