- Ox Cheek Rendang – a slow cooked rich Malaysian coconut beef curry
- Nasi Goreng – an Indonesian stir-fry rice dish famous all over the world
- Prawn Laksa with soft boiled eggs and vermicelli noodles (you’ll take some of the paste used to make this dish home with you)
- Malaysian Achar pickle – used as a salad or accompaniment
- Coconut rice
- Murtabak (to take home)
- Thai Curry (Demonstration)
- Yu Choi Sum – Choi Sum in garlic, sesame and light soy, a delicious accompaniment
Throughout the day you’ll get to enjoy the food you cook in our private dining room with your fellow course participants. It’ll be a great chance to share your experiences with the group while enjoying your dishes along with a glass of wine or soft drinks.
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
- Malaysian curry paste – a base to be used throughout various styles of dishes
- Making a Thai style curry paste, adapted from the principle paste with fresh herbs
- How to make a laksa
- Making a Malaysian pickle
- How to cook and flavour the perfect rice
- How to make a rice stir fry dish
This one-day cookery course is perfect to enhance your confidence in the kitchen with the flavours of Malaysia. You’ll leave with the ability to produce mouth-watering Malaysian food for your friends and family at home.
Your Chef Tutor
Your chef Julie Lin, is the owner of ‘Julie’s Kopitiam’, her Malaysian restaurant in Glasgow. After reaching the MasterChef quarter-final in 2014, and running a very popular pop-up food stall, opening a restaurant was the logical next step
Julie learnt about the flavours of Malaysia from her mother, who passed on traditional family favourites and the key flavour combinations of the region. Julie shares the philosophy of Seasoned, about bringing people together through a love of food. You will learn from her about the key flavours and techniques that Malaysia is renowned for, as well as what she loves about them.
About Your Day
Our one-day cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate, on the picturesque Derbyshire Staffordshire border. We are just minutes from the A38 and have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4 pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10 am.
Book your place
No prior experience is necessary for this Malaysian cookery course. The course is a wonderful experience, where you’ll be learning from an expert, meeting new people, and enjoying some delicious food and wine along the way.
Book online or call us on 01283 711681.