Our Italian Dinner Party course combines a passion for Italian food with the desire to create delicious dishes for loved ones.
This Italian course will teach basics such as pasta making and how to produce delicious ravioli, which will enable you to create delicious meals for family and friends.
Your chef for the day, Sara Danesin, is Italian born and bred and a UK Masterchef finalist. Her passion for Italian food is obvious. She will guide you through her recipes and the skills that have been passed down through her family, refined to restaurant quality cooking.
Included in this course will be tips on how to prepare elements in advance. You will create a three-course meal which you will eat in our dining room throughout the day. This course will give you the confidence to replicate the recipes yourself for family and friends.
Recipes on the day
Throughout the day, you will learn to cook all of these delicious recipes, and you will be able to enjoy eating your own creations:
– Spinach, ricotta and truffle ravioli with beurre noisette
– Pan-fried fillet of sea bream served on ratatouille with samphire & and salsa verde dressing
– Slow roasted pancetta with aromatic spices served with puy lentils, cider braised apple balls and a silky smooth vanilla mash
– Fondente-al-cioccolato: chocolate fondant, Italian cherries in brandy syrup and crème Chantilly
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests)
By the end of the Italian course, you will have mastered these key techniques:
– Pasta making from scratch using a pasta machine to make silky smooth, light pasta.
– How to shape and cook fresh ravioli with a delicious filling
– Beurre noisette – a classic of Italian & French cookery
– The art of slow cooking meat and pressing it to make a more refined and elegant main course, suitable for large groups
– Pan fry fish and make an elegant main course, perfect for lunch or summer evenings
– How to make a fail safe chocolate fondant – perfect for preparing in advance
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
Your chef tutor
Chef Sara Danesin Medio will lead your one-day cooking class. Sara is a 2011 BBC Masterchef finalist, whose primary area of expertise is exceptional Italian food. Sara blends her Italian heritage with modern cooking techniques to create stylish and appealing Italian dishes.
She has led Italian cooking courses with Seasoned for the past five years and touched the hearts and stomachs of our customers. Sara believes in sharing her passion and skill using quality ingredients, a professional presentation, and a dash of creativity.
Sara’s traditional Italian heritage can be clearly seen in her style of cooking. Some of Sara’s fondest childhood memories include hunting for wild asparagus and mushrooms with her father. They’d then use those foraged ingredients to create beautiful dishes for her family.
About your day
Our cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your place now
No prior experience is necessary for this Italian course. This course is a wonderful experience, as you will be able to learn from a master, meet new people, and enjoy some delicious food and wine along the way.