Our Italian Cooking Class is the perfect way to explore the flavours and techniques of Italian cooking. After one day with us, you should have all the knowledge and skills required to create Masterchef quality Italian dishes at home. Get to experience the love of food and life that go into every Italian dish and technique.
Throughout the day, you will learn to cook all of these delicious recipes, and you will be able to taste your own creations as you go along:
- Seafood Risotto
- Pappardelle pasta with pancetta and wild mushrooms
- Aubergine alla parmigiana made with an accompanying fresh pesto
- Mango panna cotta with black olive caramel, and a passion fruit glaze
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
By the end of the course, you will have mastered the essential techniques of Italian cooking, namely:
- Creation of traditional Italian pasta from raw ingredients, with the use of a pasta machine
- Making fresh Italian-style pesto
- How to prepare seafood in the Italian style, including creation of a seafood stock from scratch
- Making a rich and hearty Italian pasta sauce
- How to use basic everyday ingredients to create magnificent Italian-inspired cuisine
- Dessert creation, including creating panna cotta from scratch
- Creating a black olive caramel
Your Chef Tutor
Your one-day Italian cooking class will be led by chef Sara Danesin. A 2011 BBC Masterchef finalist, Sara’s primary area of expertise is exceptional Italian food. She blends her Italian heritage with modern cooking techniques to create stylish and appealing Italian dishes. Teaching with Seasoned for the past five years, Sara has touched the hearts, and stomachs, of hundreds of our customers.
Sara believes in sharing her passion and skills, using quality ingredients, a professional presentation, and a dash of creativity. Her traditional Italian heritage can be clearly seen in her cuisine, with its roots in her childhood experiences of foraging for things like wild asparagus and mushrooms.
About your day
Our cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your place
This course is perfect for anyone who wishes to learn and master the flavours and techniques of rustic Italian cuisine. This Italian cooking class is a marvellous day of demonstrations, tastings, cooking and chatting with others who also share a passion for good food.
Our course has something for everyone to learn, from beginners to experienced chefs. If you would like to cook delicious Italian cuisine for yourself, this is the class for you.
We look forward to seeing you.