Throughout the day, you will cook all of these delicious bakes to take home with you:
- Garlic, Red Onion and Thyme Foccacia, made using a blend of different flours.
- Chocolate mocca swiss roll, chocolate swiss roll filled with a chocolate mocca buttercream.. made using an off the shelf plain flour blend.
- Caramelised onion and goats cheese tart using the plain flour blend.
- flat bread and wraps or crispbread and crackers (demonstration)
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
- Preparing and baking gluten-free bread
- Preparing and baking gluten-free pastry
- Making gluten-free shortcake
- The scientific principles of gluten free baking and how it differs from traditional baking
- Choosing different flours for gluten free baking
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
Your chef tutor
For this course, we’re delighted to welcome Stephanie Clubb, your instructor for the day. An accomplished chef, she’s a pioneer in the art and science of gluten free baking. She’s been instrumental in developing gluten free recipes for one of the leading gluten free food suppliers in the UK.
Passionate about the development of gluten free baking, Steph thoroughly enjoys inspiring that passion in others. Steph has seen for herself how the course is a game-changer for those who take it, whether because of their own needs or their family circumstances.
About your day
Our baking courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
Your day includes a delicious light lunch served with wine or soft drinks. Please bring three large containers so you can take home your delicious creations.
Our day courses run from 10:15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your place
This is a one-day course, but we’re packing a lot into it. You’ll notice the benefit of your newly-acquired skills in the subsequent months. You’ll enjoy baking bread and other bakes which all the family can enjoy. With the increase in food intolerance awareness, there’s an increased demand for courses of this type. Remember to book your place early, to avoid disappointment.
Please note: while all the recipes on the gluten free baking course will be gluten free, the Seasoned kitchen is not a gluten free environment.