Thank you. We have added the item to your cart.
If you would like to add additional places, please click on Add to Cart again and the quantity in your cart will update.
If you are now ready to checkout, please either click here or press the basket button at the top right of the page.
Or if you want to continue to browse the site, then when you are ready to checkout please click the basket at the top right of the page.
This one day Game cookery class will be a masterclass in game cookery. We will be showcasing some of the more unusual game species in a range of different 'gourmet game' recipes. You will learn a whole range of techniques with different flavour combinations that can be adapted with types of game throughout the season.
Your chef for the day will be Tim Maddams, who rose to fame as Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Head Chef at the River Cottage. Tim is passionate about ethically produced, sustainable food and has recently written the River Cottage Handbook on Game Cookery. There is no better chef to teach you about Game and with Tim's lively manner & in depth knowledge this will be a fun and action packed day.
Techniques you will learn on this game cookery class:
- How to skin and butcher a Hare
- The process of hot smoking and how this can be used for various types of game
- How to pan roast, confit, char grill & slow roast different types of game that can be adapted to different seasonal game.
- How to make hand make Gnocchi
- How to make Rillettes - a coarse pate, an ideal way for preserving game
- How to incorporate game into a variety of dishes from dinner parties to everyday
Recipes on this Game cookery class: *
- Pan roasted partridge with artichokes & a cider sauce
- Hare legs & shoulders cooked under butter served with potato gnocchi & mature cheddar
- Char grilled Hare loins with sumac spice, lemon & olive oil
- Slow roast soy and ginger wild duck served in a homemade tortilla wrap & duck sauce
- Hare Rillettes
- Hot smoked Pheasant
* We reserve the right to change dishes if dietary requirements, allergies or seasonal game availability necessitate.
The Spring and Summer Game course will have a slightly different menu reflecting Seasonal game.
The perfect cookery course for..... anyone who enjoys game but is unsure of how to make the most of it at home. This course is a fun day of tastings and demonstrations as well as being a great way of meeting others who share your passion.
Watch Tim here on his 'Hugh's fish fight' campaign: You Tube video courtesy of Hugh's Fish Fight:
Related cookery courses:
Lunch is provided on all cookery course at Seasoned as well as all equipment and aprons to use on the day. On this game course, you will enjoy the food that you have created throughout the course and go home with a dressed pheasant. Your lunch will be your own delicious creation of rabbit curry, which will be enjoyed alongside a glass of wine.
All of our cookery course take place at our cookery school on the Catton Hall estate in South Derbyshire, located just off the A38 close to Lichfield.
Please inform us when booking onto the course if you have any allergies or dietary requirements. This game cooking course is not suitable for vegetarians.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you require further information about this game cookery class.
Most full day courses run from 10:00am until 4:00pm
If different, this will be stated on the course page
Lunch & refreshments throughout the day are provided
We will take care of the washing up so you can enjoy the day
Free on site parking is available.