Thank you. We have added the item to your cart.
If you would like to add additional places, please click on Add to Cart again and the quantity in your cart will update.
If you are now ready to checkout, please either click here or press the basket button at the top right of the page.
Or if you want to continue to browse the site, then when you are ready to checkout please click the basket at the top right of the page.
Join us for an exciting day of Chinese cooking, inspired by the fresh and vibrant flavours of Eastern Asia.
Your chef for this one day course is Jackie Kearney, BBC Masterchef finalist from 2011. Jackie was acclaimed by the Masterchef judges for her fabulous flavours and delicious dishes. In 2014 Jackie was asked to return to Masterchef to judge as a previous finalist - as part of the 10th anniversary celebrations.
Jackie is passionate about vegetarian dining and Asian street food, inspired by extensive travels across Asia. Jackie's enthusiasm is infectious and you are sure to leave inspired to re-create these authentic flavours again at home.
Using traditional flavours and techniques, you will learn how to create a range of authentic recipes which can be replicated or adapted to produce again at home.
The day will include:
- Creating 5-6 different authentic dishes, each with a focus from the different regions of Eastern Asia.
- A mix of quick and easy recipes that can be enjoyed as a mid week supper as well as some restaurant favourites which will be sure to impress friends and family.
- Mastering authentic Chinese flavour combinations.
- A mixture of vegetarian or meat dishes meaning that this course is suitable for vegetarians or meat eaters alike (assuming that if you are a vegetarian you are happy with meat being cooked in the same room).
Dishes for the day may include:
- Potsticker dumplings served with crispy kale
- Steamed buns & szechuan lettuce cups
- Baked seafood spring rolls
- Sweet and sour popcorn with chicken / tofu
- Egg fried rice
The day will involve a mixture of chef demonstrations, individual and pair work, which allows the maximum number of dishes to be created on the day.
Perfect for....people who enjoy eating Chinese food and want to create it themselves from scratch. No prior experience required, just a love of Asian cuisine.
Related courses....Malaysian & Thai Cooking,traditional Malaysian cooking inspired by street food culture.
Most full day courses run from 10:00am until 4:00pm
If different, this will be stated on the course page
Lunch & refreshments throughout the day are provided
We will take care of the washing up so you can enjoy the day
Free on site parking is available.