Are your dinner parties already renowned amongst your friends and family and you’re looking for new tricks to really impress them? This dinner party cookery course is for you. Learn to do everything from proper mise en place to de-boning and confiting meat. This really will take your cooking to the next level and by the end of the day you’ll be turning out professional looking dishes.
- How to cure, pan fry and roast salmon, so it can be prepared ahead and roasted just in time for serving
- A simple vegetable pickle to accompany starters and light dishes
- How to de-bone duck, pan frying the breast and confiting the leg
- To create two delicious sauces
- The key elements to prepare ahead for any dinner parties at home,
- To make a soufflé for dessert along with a simple, but impressive, ‘cheats’ ice cream
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
- Masala spiced salmon, with red lentil dhal, pickled carrots and a coconut reduction
- Duck breast with creamed Savoy cabbage and chorizo
- Potato fondant and a blood orange sauce
- Banana Soufflé, toffee sauce and banana ice-cream
Throughout the day you’ll stop to eat the food you’ve cooked in our private dining room with everyone else. A chance to share your experiences in creating the dishes as well as great food and a glass of wine.
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
Your chef tutor
This dinner party cooking class is taught by one of our team of expert local chefs. With many years of experience between them, covering everything from top restaurant service to catering for royalty, you’ll be in the hands of experts. They are all passionate about teaching aspiring chefs and home cooks and make the day a fun and vibrant experience. If you’re looking to learn professional tips and techniques to really upgrade the dishes you serve, these are the experts to learn them from.
About your day
Our cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your place
No prior experience is necessary for this Dinner Parties – Tips and Tricks course. This course is a wonderful experience, as you will be able to learn from a master, meet new people, and enjoy some delicious food and wine along the way. Book online or call us on 0123 711681.