Thank you. We have added the item to your cart.
If you would like to add additional places, please click on Add to Cart again and the quantity in your cart will update.
If you are now ready to checkout, please either click here or press the basket button at the top right of the page.
Or if you want to continue to browse the site, then when you are ready to checkout please click the basket at the top right of the page.
This one day food smoking course is a fascinating introduction to Cold Smoking giving you techniques that you can use again in a domestic environment at home to impress your friends and family.
Taught by Turan, an expert food-smoker, no prior knowledge is required and you will leave inspired and with the knowledge to confidently start smoking an array of delicious products at home.
Techniques you will learn on this cookery course:
- Learn how to construct a basic cold smoker from a cardboard box*
- Brine & salting salmon to produce wonderful smoked salmon
- Health & Safety including food hygiene with smoking
- Producing smoke and principles of combustion
- The basic principles of cold smoking & charts to guide you with different food groups
- How to hot smoke trout / other items
- The principles of brining and curing to make bacon and pancetta
- How to cure small cuts of meats, to make easy & simple air dried products
*(A smoke generator will be needed for the completion of your home-smoker - these are available to purchase for £35).
Recipes on this food smoking course:*
- Smoked Salmon
- Smoked olives, sundried tomatoes & smoked garlic
- A variety of smoked cheeses
- Hot Smoked trout
- Bacon / Pancetta
- Air dried duck / game from the Catton Estate
* We reserve the right to change dishes if dietary requirements or allergies necessitate.
Perfect cookery course for ... those you love smoked food and you fancy creating some home-smoked goodies for yourself, friends and family. You will leave confident to start smoking, brining & curing food at home.
Related cookery courses:
Lunch is provided on all of our cookery courses as well as all equipment and aprons for the duration of the course. On most occasions you will enjoy the food that you have created throughout the day.
Our cookery school is on the Derbyshire / Staffordshire border, easily accessible from neighbouring cities such as Birmingham, Lichfield, Derby and Leicestershire.
NB - We recommended those attending the food smoking course wear suitable clothing they don't mind exposing to smoke. There will also be the opportunity to buy smoke dust & other smoking products, so if you are interested in this please bring some cash on the day.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you require further information about this food smoking course.
Most full day courses run from 10:00am until 4:00pm
If different, this will be stated on the course page
Lunch & refreshments throughout the day are provided
We will take care of the washing up so you can enjoy the day
Free on site parking is available.