Thank you. We have added the item to your cart.
If you would like to add additional places, please click on Add to Cart again and the quantity in your cart will update.
If you are now ready to checkout, please either click here or press the basket button at the top right of the page.
Or if you want to continue to browse the site, then when you are ready to checkout please click the basket at the top right of the page.
This one day cookery course is designed for anyone who is looking for a fun day learning the basics of cooking and building their confidence in the kitchen. The day will include a variety of basic skills & dishes that can be used for easy entertaining, light lunches, cooking for one, two or feeding a family.
This culinary confidence course is taught by Adam Picket, Chef lecturer at University College Birmingham. Adam’s background is in classical restaurant cooking and he runs the UCB fine dining restaurant, recently voted as one of Birmingham’s top ten restaurants. Adam's extremely knowledgeable and teaches a variety of courses at Seasoned. The main focus is to have a fun, informative day with everybody leaving feeling confident that they can recreate dishes at home.
Techniques you will learn on this Culinary Confidence Course:
- How to make a quick and easy 'no prove' soda bread
- The techniques of pan frying, poaching, roasting and boiling
- How to make fresh pesto sauce that can be adapted with different flavour combinations
- How to make home-made pâté, which can be adapted to suit your favourite flavours
- How to make a fresh seasonal soup
- How to make a fresh and tasty prepare ahead pudding
- Knife skills so that you will feel confident slicing and dicing in your kitchen at home
Recipes on this Culinary Confidence: *
- Cheese and onion Soda bread
- Chicken liver pâté
- Seasonal soup (demonstration)
- Pan fried salmon with a perfectly poached egg
- Italian stuffed Chicken breast
- Fresh pasta with home-made pesto & pancetta
- Zesty lemon posset
* We reserve the right to change dishes if dietary requirements or allergies necessitate.
The perfect cookery course for... people who want to build their confidence in the kitchen with some new skills and fresh ideas for cooking everyday or food for friends at home. No previous experience required.
Lunch is provided on this culinary confidence course as well as all the equipment for the day and use of aprons. Throughout this course you will enjoy all of the food that you have cooked as different courses in our dining room and served with accompanying wine.
All of our cookery course take place at our cookery school which is located at the Catton Hall estate on the Derbyshire / Staffordshire border. Within easy reach of Birmingham, Derby and Nottingham, we are just off the A38 & easy to find. We also have ample free parking.
Please inform us when booking onto the course if you have any allergies, specific dietary or medical requirements or are vegetarian. Please note, we may be unable to accommodate severe dietary requirements however we will do our utmost.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information about this culinary confidence course or call 01283 711 681.
Most full day courses run from 10:00am until 4:00pm
If different, this will be stated on the course page
Lunch & refreshments throughout the day are provided
We will take care of the washing up so you can enjoy the day
Free on site parking is available.