Thank you. We have added the item to your cart.
If you would like to add additional places, please click on Buy Online again and the quantity in your cart will update.
If you are now ready to checkout, please either click here or press the basket button at the top right of the page.
Or if you want to continue to browse the site, then when you are ready to checkout please click the basket at the top right of the page.
On this one-day fish and seafood cookery course, you will learn how to prepare a variety of fish and shellfish. You will also learn how to transform them into delicious dishes with perfect accompanying sauces.
Your chef for the day will be Jeff Thomas. Jeff is a classically trained chef who has been in the restaurant industry for over 40 years, with a particular passion for cooking fish, seafood and sauces. Jeff is extremely passionate about sharing his skills and knowledge and our longest standing teaching chef at Seasoned.
Techniques you will learn on this cooking course:
- How to cook scallops perfectly with a delicious accompanying puree
- How to prepare and cook squid
- How to fillet both a round fish (e.g. mackerel) and a flat fish (e.g. lemon sole)
- How to make a fish stock from scratch and use this to create a delicate veloute
- Quality checks when purchasing, preparing and cooking various types of fish and seafood
Recipes on this fish cookery course: *
- Pan seared scallops with cauliflower and cumin puree
- Seared squid with chilli, garlic and fresh coriander
- Pan fried mackerel with orange and harissa dressing
- Poached fillet of plaice with a white wine sauce and buttered samphire
- Moules marinières
* We reserve the right to change dishes if dietary requirements or allergies necessitate.
The perfect fish cookery course for... those who would like to learn more about preparing different types of fish and seafood and be able to cook delicious fish dishes at home. No prior experience is required for this fish cookery course, just a love of good food and willingness to learn.
Related cooking courses:
Lunch is provided on this cookery course as well as all equipment and use of aprons for the day. You will sit down to enjoy two or three courses throughout the day in our dining room with accompanying wine. After chef demonstrations you will also have tasters in the kitchen - so come with a good appetite! Due to the nature of fish cookery there will be no food to take home - instead, your new found skills & knowledge!
All of our cookery course take place at our cookery school on the Catton Hall estate on the Derbyshire / Staffordshire border. With ample free parking & good transport links we are a convenient location for people travelling from across the country.
Please inform us when booking onto the course if you have any allergies, dietary requirements or are vegetarian. Please note, we are not always able to accommodate severe dietary requirements.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information about this course.
Most full day courses run from 10:00am until 4:00pm
If different, this will be stated on the course page
Lunch & refreshments throughout the day are provided
We will take care of the washing up so you can enjoy the day
Free on site parking is available.