Cooking Course for One Overview
If you cook for yourself then this course will teach you new skills and provide inspiration, turning mealtimes into something that can be cherished and celebrated. Our cooking course for one is perfect if you live alone, partner works away or recently bereaved. These dishes will hopefully give you the confidence and inspiration to get back into the kitchen.
The course will focus on how to stock a larder of staple ingredients so you can pull together a quick and tasty supper with minimal shopping. Secondly, we will teach how to batch cook some crowd-pleasing dishes – suitable for dining for one, two or more. Freezing these will enable you to have a freezer stocked with your own homemade ready meals that can be reheated in minutes.
This one-day cookery course will show you how to create fuss-free tasty dinners. Covering everything from slow cooking to quick fifteen-minute start to table meals, this is perfect for solo cooks. You’ll leave the day with a repertoire of new dishes and recipes to enliven your cooking at home. Lunch is provided and throughout the day you’ll be able to enjoy all the dishes you’ve cooked, as well as sampling the chef’s demonstration dishes.
Dishes made on the day*
- Tacos for one – salsa, guacamole, fried black beans
- Warming coconut broth with vegetables, noodles and chicken / fish
- Super duper salad with vegetables, halloumi and store cupboard staples adding colour and texture
- Simple Tandoori chicken curry
- Delicious Dahl
- Eggs three ways – from simple poached eggs to spicy masala eggs, high in protein and a quick and easy way to jazz up a midweek meal.
Throughout the day you’ll stop to eat the food you’ve cooked in our private dining room with everyone else, along with the dishes the chef has demonstrated. A chance to share your experiences in creating the dishes as well as great food and a glass of wine.
*Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, if required, to meet the dietary requirements or allergy concerns of our guests.
Techniques learnt on this course
- Tips how to stock a store cupboard of essential ingredients
- How to use leftovers
- Batch cook and freeze, along with reheating guidelines
- Make a tasty & delicious curry & Dahl – ideal for batch cooking
- Learn how to make a curry paste & freeze this for a quick mid week dinner
Our aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes you’ve learnt during the cooking course for one and even try out your new skills on family and friends time and again.
Expert chefs to take you through the course
Solo suppers – cooking course for one course will be taught by Army wife and Seasoned baker Beca Lyne Pirkis. With many years of experience cooking tasty meals for one, you’ll be in the hands of an expert.
Book your Place on the course today.