Throughout the day, you will learn to cook all of these delicious recipes, and you will be able to enjoy your own food as you go along. All of the dishes will be able to be recreated at home in a ‘prepare ahead’ style. During the day we will cover how this can be achieved.
Canapés & nibbles
- Honey & five spiced nuts
- Crispy pork sticks
- Baked brie with pastry truffle twists
- Lobster ravioli with a seafood bisque
- Galantine of chicken with cranberry & rosemary & chestnut stuffing.
- Sides include pancetta crisps, pomme annas, crispy sprouts & red wine jus
- Black forest; chocolate fondants with kirsch cherries, vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate shards
By the end of this Christmas cookery course, you will have mastered these key techniques:
- How to galantine a chicken (debone the bird from the inside leaving the skin intact, famous for a ‘bird in a bird’ dishes
- Make & flavour your own stuffing
- Making a fresh stock from scratch
- Making a restaurant quality jus / gravy
- How to make fresh pasta & ravioli, learning how to fill & freeze these ahead of time
- How to make a seafood bisque
- How to make a basic ice cream
- Serving and presentation techniques
(Please note that the photos represent dishes done on previous years & this course will cover the dishes based above. On this occassion we are unable to accept vegetarians on this course).
This day long course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
Your chef tutor
This festive course is taught by one of our team of expert local chefs. With many years of experience between them, covering everything from top restaurant service to catering for royalty, you’ll be in the hands of experts. They are all passionate about teaching aspiring chefs and home cooks and make the day a fun and vibrant experience. They’ll show you the shortcuts and techniques you need to enjoy your festive entertaining, not be chained to the kitchen.
About your day
Our cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your place
No prior experience is necessary for this Pre-Christmas Entertaining course. This course is a wonderful experience, as you will be able to learn from a master, meet new people, and enjoy some delicious food and wine along the way. Book online or call us on 0123 711681.