- How to temper chocolate (hand tempering 3 times throughout the day)
- How to make chocolate ganache and make hand rolled truffles
- How to use chocolate moulds successfully
- How to make chocolate decorations & decorate chocolate
- Bucks Fizz Chocolates – orange marmalade & a champagne ganache inside a dark chocolate shell & hand rolled in tempered chocolate & gold coco
- Amaretto & Marzipan chocolates – toasted marzipan and an amaretto ganache
- Fudge – Rum & Raisin fudge dipped in dark chocolate
Chocolate to Take Home
Throughout the day, you will make the below chocolates to take home with you
- Two batches of different flavoured truffles (one made in a pre bought shell & one made in a chocolate mould)
- One delicious fudge
- A chocolate bark made on chocolate transfer paper
- A moulded chocolate ‘creation’ ie Easter Egg / Chocolate ‘Bar’
About your day
Our baking courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
Your day includes a delicious light lunch served with wine or soft drinks. Please bring three large containers so you can take home your delicious creations.
Our day courses run from 9.30am to 5pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 9.15am.
Book your place
The perfect course for … those who want to make their own chocolates for friends and family or want to add a new skill to their baking repertoire.
Lunch with wine is provided as part of this course as well as all equipment and an apron to use. For this course, we do ask you bring 2 large containers with you so that you can take your delicious hand crafted chocolates home with you.
This class is held at our cookery school which is located in the grounds of the Catton Hall estate in South Derbyshire. There are excellent transport links from neighbouring conurbations such as Nottingham, Leicestershire, Derby and Birmingham.
If you would like more information about this course, please do get in touch.