- Dim Sum: Chinese Jiaozi Dumplings with prawn & sesame, ginger & spring onion filling
- Chinese style pork belly broth
- Bao Buns with accompanying sauces & pickles
- Chinese Char Sui Roast Pork
- (Vegetarian options available)
Throughout the day you’ll enjoy the Chinese food you cook in our private dining room with your fellow course participants. It’ll be a great chance to share your experiences with the group.
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
- How to make Chinese dim sum style dumplings
- Making a dumpling dough with a high gluten wheat flour
- How to make a low gluten Bao bun & shape this
- Making fillings for dumplings & Bao buns
- How to make stock for a chinese style broth
- How to make Chinese style Roast Pork
This one-day chinese cookery course is perfect to introduce you to delicious Chinese & Asian style food. Whether you already cook this style of food, or whether you enjoy eating Chinese foods in restaurants, you’ll leave with the ability to produce mouth-watering Chinese food for your friends and family at home.
Your Chef Tutor
Your chef Julie Lin, is the owner of ‘Julie’s Kopitiam’ restaurant in Glasgow. Julie’s grandparents are Chinese and her Malaysian restaurant echo’s many traditional style Chinese dishes. After reaching the MasterChef quarter-final in 2014, Julie is keen to pass on how to cook her delicious food to those who are keen to learn.
Julie shares the philosophy of Seasoned, about bringing people together through a love of food. You will learn from her about the key flavours and techniques that China & Malaysia are renowned for, as well as what she loves about them.
About Your Day
Our one-day chinese cookery course takes place on the Catton Hall Estate, on the picturesque Derbyshire border. We are minutes from the A38 and have plenty of free parking.
Our team of “kitchen fairies” will ensure you have everything you need & we provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4 pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10 am.
Book your place
No prior experience is necessary for this Chinese cookery course. The course is a wonderful experience and makes a super gift for someone who loved Chinese & Asian food.
Book online or call us on 01283 711681.