This one-day bread course offers you the opportunity to improve your bread making skills and learn techniques to make the very best bakes. Whether you have tried bread making at home and the results have disappointed, or you are yet to have the confidence to bake your own bread, this course has something for you. We will show you some classic techniques aimed at adding sophistication to your bread making skills and a selection of bakes with which to impress your friends and family.
- The essential bread making techniques including enriching, kneading, proving and shaping
- How to bake bread in tins as well as ‘free formed’ loaves shaped by hand
- How to create sweet and savoury bread
- Understand how to make bread using pre-ferments
- How to create delicious, versatile flavour combinations which can be adapted at home
- How to work with a wet dough e.g Ciabatta to give you confidence making Italian style breads at home
This day long bread course is designed to give you total confidence in using all of these techniques. The aim is that you can go home and repeat the recipes for family and friends time and again.
- A traditional ‘loaf’ that can be made in a tin / free form and varied with a selection of flours to make a range of flavours
- Cinnamon rolls
- Sourdough pizza to be enjoyed for lunch
I’ll be a good introduction to both sourdough and yeasted breadmaking. Also showing that one basic dough can make lots of different types of bread. The making of ciabatta will show the customers how texture of dough can greatly vary, but it still makes great bread and not to throw a load of flour to it.
(Please note, we reserve the right to alter the dishes covered in the course, to meet the dietary requirements of our guests).
Your chef tutor
Andy Tyrrell is the perfect master chef to teach this course, with his love of traditional cookery techniques and seasonal food. He has a particular love of sourdough, from starter to finished loaf. His creativity, technical expertise and knowledge make him the ideal person to lead this bread making course.
About your day
Our cookery courses take place on the Catton Hall Estate. On the picturesque Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, we are only minutes from the A38. We also have plenty of free parking.
You’ll have the support of our “kitchen fairies” who’ll ensure you have everything you need. We’ll provide an apron for the day, and all the equipment and ingredients.
You’ll be sitting down together during the day to eat the dishes you’ve created. We’ll also provide wine and soft drinks.
Our day courses run from 10.15am to 4pm. Join the team for early morning refreshments from 10am.
Book your place
No prior experience is necessary for this Bread Making course. This course is a wonderful experience, as you will be able to learn from a master, meet new people, and enjoy some delicious food and wine along the way. Book online or call us on 0123 711681.