One of the nation’s favourite dishes is Thai Green Curry! With this in mind we have created a step-by-step guide of how to create this deliciously fragrant dish at home.
Ingredients for Thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground black peppercorns
- 8 fresh jalapenos chillies
- 8 fresh green Thai chillies
- 3 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1” piece of galangal or root ginger
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (fresh if you can get them)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- Toast the coriander, cumin powder and ground black pepper in a dry frying pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend all together using food processor until a smooth paste is reached.
Ingredients for Thai Green Curry
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 500g of chicken breast chopped into chunks
- Or a selection of Green beans, butternut squash, red & yellow peppers and sugar snap peas
- 400ml (1 tin) of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of soft dark sugar
- 2 tablespoons of the Thai green curry paste (you made earlier)
- 200g of green beans
- Small handful of fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the curry paste and sugar and cook over a high heat for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat slightly and stir in chicken pieces until covered in the paste. Cook to seal the chicken for around 1-2 minutes. (if using vegetables stir fry these until al dente/ steam as appropriate)
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer, cooking for 25-30 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Add soy sauce to season if require.
- Once cooked, garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice.