We love spices at Seasoned, whether it’s a hot and spicy vindaloo, a sensational chilli sambar, or a delicately spiced dahl, we adore the flavours and fragrances that simple spices add to Indian dishes.
We have created a delicious grilled tandoori chicken recipe, which is packed full of delicious flavours! Serve this scrumptious dish with fresh cherry tomatoes, rice, and a dash of coriander, for the perfect evening meal with friends and family.
Want to learn more about Indian Cuisine? Click here for all four of our Indian Cookery Courses.
Tandoori Chicken Skewers – Serves 6
- 6 chicken breasts, or 10 chicken thighs, skinned, each cut into 2 or 3 pieces at an angle
For the first marinade:
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder (or 1 tsp normal chilli powder)
- 2 tsp salt
For the second marinade:
- 100g natural yogurt
- 100g double cream
- 40g/8 cloves garlic
- 50g/10cm ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
For the first marinade place the lime juice, salt and Kashmiri chilli powder into a large mixing bowl and mix together with the chicken. Cover and place into the fridge for 1 hour.
For the second marinade place the garlic, ginger, garam masala, ground cumin, turmeric into a food processor and blend until smooth. Place in a large bowl, add the cream and the yoghurt, stir until combined then add the chicken. Cover with cling film and place back in the fridge for a further 4 hours.
To Cook pre heat the grill as high as it will go (or pre heat the oven to 220°C or alternatively these are delicious on the BBQ.)
- Place the chicken pieces onto a lightly oiled skewer, wooden or metal. Roughly around 4/5 pieces per skewer, leaving spaces between each piece.
- Place the skewers onto a wire rack over a baking tray
- Place under the grill / in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes until starting to colour. The time will depend greatly depending on the strength of your grill and the size of your chicken pieces. Turn and cook on the other side until completely cooked through.
- Serve with rice, fresh cherry tomatoes, naan breads and a yoghurt chutney.
Let us know your thoughts about this recipe! For Seasoned’s top ten favourite curry recipes click here.