Spring is well underway and so it’s time to start utilising your homegrown seasonal fruit and vegetables from your garden or local groceries. Rhubarb is usually grown from January through to July so we are now in the midst of the season. We’ve put together a list of 6 of our favourite Rhubarb recipes from puddings to desserts, plus one of our own which we have created for Renshaw Baking.
- This magical Rhubarb & Marzipan Torte has been created by Seasoned Cookery School for Renshaw Baking. Its extremely colourful and absolutely delicious.
- This gorgeous French Rhubarb Tart by the BBC Good Food is extremely colourful and mouthwateringly tasty! It will catch everyones attenion around the table and everyone will be wanting a slice of the action.
- Boozy Rhubarb Tart is perfect for a Friday or Saturday night pudding! Use fresh Rhubarb and Rhubarb liqueur to create this vibrant tart.
- You can’t beat a traditional Rhubarb & Custard Pie with a crumble topping! This delicious recipe combines two of the countries favourite desserts into one, you can’t get anything better than this!
- Love crème brûlée? Love Rhubarb? This is the ultimate Rhubarb & Ginger Brûlée, it smooth and zest textures will get your taste buds racing!
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Martha Stewart combines a sensational soft meringue with a warm rhubarb pie!!
If you love Rhubarb why not join 2016 Masterchef Finalist Juanita on our new Masterclass. You’ll learn how to make a delicious three course meal & guess what’s for dessert – Rhubarb tart, with crystallised rhubarb, meringue kisses and an orange Chantilly cream. To find out more about all recipes and dates click here.