Recipe: Summer Pimms Jelly
We have a delicious summer treat for you, pimms jelly – you can serve it in a shot or martini glass with cucumber & mint, they will definitely be the talk of your party!
The recipe- makes 14 shot glasses
– Half cucumber (chopped into small cubes)
– 8 strawberries (chopped into small cubes)
– 8 sprigs mint (finely chopped)
– 115g caster sugar
– 100ml water
– juice of 1 lemon
– 8 gelatine leaves
– 175ml Pimm’s No. 1
– 500ml ginger ale
1) Place the sugar into a small saucepan, add the water and lemon juice and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
2) Break the gelatine leaves into small pieces and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes.
3) Add the Pimms and ginger ale and stir. Squeeze the excess water from the soaked gelatine leaves and add to the Pimms mix and stir until thoroughly dissolved. Transfer the liquid into a jug.
4) Add the chopped cucumber, strawberries and mint to the shot glasses and pour in the jelly mix until the top.
5) place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until set.
6) Serve with a spoon of vanilla ice cream if desired.
We hope that you enjoy making this wonderful Summer dessert as much as we did! Let us know how you got on by posting picture on Facebook or twitter using the tag @seasonedcourses, we look forward to hearing from you!
If you would like to learn more showstopping recipes that will be the talk of any dinner party, try our new ‘dinner party, tips & tricks course’! You will learn how to cook a three course meal that is sure to impress, all of our course are taught at our cookery school which is located on the Catton Hall estate.