This fun baking recipe proved a huge success at the Comic Relief Bake sale we held at our cookery school, so we have decided we had to share the recipe with you so you could enjoy it in your own homes!
If you would like to learn more about baking whether it be pastry, bread or patisserie then you should try one of our baking courses, many of which are taught by Great British Bake off finalists at our cookery school in the beautiful South Derbyshire countryside.
RASPBERRY, ALMOND & LEMON SLICE
Makes 15-20 slices
- 250g butter, salted preferably
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- The zest of 1 lemon and the juice of half
- 75g ground almonds
- 275g self-raising flour, sifted
- 150g raspberries or 1/2 a jar of pitted cherries
- 100ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a square cake tin (22x22cm).
- Cream together the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs one by one and gently fold in the zest, juice, almonds and flour.
- Pour roughly half the batter into the prepared tin, scatter the raspberries over the top and then cover with the remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle over a few oats and pop in the oven to bake for45-55 minutes – it is cooked when brown and a knife emerges clean from its depths.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out. It is best to allow it to cool fully at this point.
- Once cooled, cut into slices and serve.
Please post your pictures and comments of any of the fun baking recipe onto our Facebook Page.