We’ve created this delicious coconut cake using the fantastic flavours of Belvoir Raspberry & Lemon cordial to create a sumptuous afternoon treat.
- 125ml Belvoir Raspberry & Lemon Cordial
- 125ml water
- 200g Raspberries (blitzed and sieved to remove the seeds)
- 250g Desiccated Coconut
- 300g Golden Caster Sugar
- 6 Eggs (separated)
- 4 tablespoons of Sunflower Oil
- Mix the desiccated coconut and Belvoir cordials (raspberry & lemon) and water together and leave for 15 – 30 minutes until the coconut is soft.
- Meanwhile grease and line a 9 inch cake tin and pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- After ten minutes, when the coconut has absorbed the liquid, add the egg yolks, caster sugar and the sunflower oil, mixing thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs whites in a separate clean bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites gently into the coconut mixture then transfer into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool then remove from the tin to serve.
- We served our cake with fresh cream and raspberries, but feel free to experiment!