Here is a delicious pigeon breast recipe! If you are looking to experiment when cooking with game meats and are unsure how to prepare them, then take a look at our ‘Game cookery course’.
Both courses are taught at our purpose built kitchens in the grounds of the Catton Hall estate in South Derbyshire.
WARM PARTRIDGE BREAST SALAD WITH SMOKED BACON, WALNUTS AND PAN JUICE VINAIGRETTE
(Serves 2 as a starter)
- 2 Partridge breasts
- 50 mls olive oil
- 60 gms walnuts (broken)
- 60 gms smoked bacon (finely sliced)
- 2 gms fresh thyme
- 60 mls white wine or raspberry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 gms each red or white chicory (or salad leaves of choice)
- 1 tsp runny honey
1) Heat olive oil in fry pan
2) Season the partridge breast and start to cook (skin side down) for 2 minutes each side.
3) Take breasts out of pan and rest
4) Add bacon to pan and cook until crisp and coloured
5) Add walnuts and thyme
6) Take pan off heat and add vinegar to deglaze pan
7) Add honey and olive oil and mix together
8) Place washed and dried leaves on plate, arrange sliced breasts on top and spoon over dressing
If this pigeon breast recipe has inspired you to learn more about cooking with game then take a look at our courses with Tim Maddams, all located in South Derbyshire.