Perfect Picnic Sausage Roll for Wimbledon
Wimbledon is just days away and we’re super excited for the tennis to get underway! Wimbledon is one of the UK’s sporting & social highlights of the year and over the next two weeks, thousands of tennis fans will be heading Wimbledon to watch the exciting matches live, or having BBQ’s and picnics at home.
However have you sorted out your pims & picnics for this special occasion? We’ve created this scrumptious sausage roll recipe filled with this zingy delicious Ballymaloe original relish, quick, easy and perfect for picnics.
PORK SAUSAGE, BALLYMALOE ORIGINAL RELISH, PICNIC ROLL – MAKES TWO
1pk (270g) Filo pastry sheets
100g Melted Butter
400g Good Quality Pork Sausage Meat
1 jar of Ballymaloe Original Relish
Flour for dusting.
- Preheat your oven to 180oC Fan
- Next line a baking tray with parchment and start layering the filo pastry sheets onto the parchment, spreading melted butter on each sheet. Take your time & be careful the filo doesn’t tear.
- Next prep the sausage meat, With floured hands, shape the sausage meat into a long cylinder shape and place it into the centre of the filo pastry. Season with black pepper.
- Make a well/indent along the top of the sausage meat, deep enough to put in around 6 tablespoons of Ballymaloe original relish in.
- Melt the butter.
- Wrap the sausage meat up in the pastry and seal securely, using the butter to seal the pastry.
- Place the sausage roll join side down.
- Brush the filo with butter before baking.
- Bake in the oven for 40 mins or until the pastry is golden and the sausage meat is piping hot.
Serve cold with a lovely class of freshing pims!!