At Seasoned we are proudly sponsored by Wrights Baking who provide all our baking flour for our variety of baking courses. This year Wright’s Baking have brought out a new delicious orange cake mix which is perfect for a quick and easy tray bake, cupcakes or party muffins to make with your kids.
We decided to create a fancy bundt cake from our mix and added some chocolate chips, orange juice and zest to give it touch of Seasoned.
Love Baking? Why not join us on one of our Baking Courses, perfect for all skill levels.
Orange Blossom Bundt Cake Ingredients
2x 500g Wright Orange Cake Mix
100ml orange juice
1 tbsp orange blossom water
Zest of 2 oranges
120ml vegetable oil
300g chocolate chips
1 25.5 x 10.5cm size bundt tin (can buy here)
For the Icing
225g icing sugar
3tbsp of orange juice
1 tsp orange blossom water
Orange Bundt Cake Method
- Pre heat your oven to 160°C – 180°C gas mark 4.
- Grease your bundt tin with melted butter using a pastry brush, ensuring you get into all the crevices in the tin. Once buttered, lightly flour the inside of the tin, providing a non stick lining.
- Place the water, oil, chocolate chips, orange juice, blossom water & zest into a mixing bowl and add the cake mix. Blend the mix together using either a stand mixer or a hand mixer for around 1-2 minutes, creating a smooth batter.
- Place your batter into the prelined bundt tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes. Check the cake is cooked by placing a skewer into the cake. If the cake is baked the skewer will come out clean.
- Once cooked, removed the cake from the oven and allow to stand for 30 minutes until completely cooled. Once cooked gently remove from the bundt tin.
- Whilst the cake is cooking, mix the 225g of icing sugar with 3tbsp of orange juice and blossom water. Stir the mixture until the icing sugar and juice are completely combined, creating a delicious glossy orange icing.
- Once the cake is completely cool, use a piping bag to decorate the cake.
ENJOY!! Best served with a cup of tea!