Meringue Kisses with Raspberry Cream
These dainty meringue kisses make a perfect summer pudding. Meringues will last for weeks if they’re stored in an air tight container so we recommend making a double batch and saving half of them for next time!
- 115g egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 100g raspberries (blitzed)
- 3 tablespoons of Belvoir Raspberry & lemon cordial
- 150ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 90C and cover two large baking trays with baking parchment.
- Put the egg whites and sugar in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is warm to the touch. Be careful not to over-heat, otherwise the egg white will start to cook and clump together.
- Transfer the mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat with a whisk attachment for about 10 minutes until thick and cool.
- Transfer the mixture into a large disposable piping bag and pipe mini meringues onto the baking sheets.
- Place the baking trays in the oven and cook for 2.5 hours. Once finished, turn off the oven and leave them to cool.
- If piping is not your thing, then you can create 6 individual meringues instead!
- Whip the double cream until firm adding the blitzed raspberries (sieved if you would like to remove the pips) and mix thoroughly.
- Add raspberry cordial to taste and either pipe or spoon the raspberry cream to create the perfect meringue kisses.
If you fancy learning how to bake, perfecting your techniques or expanding your recipe repertoire why not try one of our baking courses (Brilliant baking, baking Showstoppers, Bread baking and Sweet treats or our Chocolate baking course) with BBC Great British Bake Off finalist Brendan Lynch.
Professional photography courtesy of Full Steam Pictures