These delicious Lemon Amaretti Biscuits will tantalise your taste buds! With the zesty lemon flavours and sweetness of the dried cranberries they are the perfect combination for a soft centred biscuit.
Follow this quick and simple recipe and you’ll have 20 scrumptious lemon amaretti biscuits created in less than 30 minutes – perfect to have with a cup of tea or as an afternoon treat!!
Lemon Amaretti Biscuits Ingredients
180g ground almonds
120g caster sugar
Grated zest of 1 lemon
3 drops of lemon extract
Pinch of salt
60g dried cranberries roughly chopped
2 free range egg whites
2 tsp honey
Icing sugar for rolling
Lemon Amaretti Biscuits Method
- Firstly preheat your oven to 170°C
- Line a large baking tray with grease proof paper & set aside
- Place the ground almonds, sugar, lemon zest, lemon extract and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Rub the mixture together with your fingertips, add the cranberries and set aside.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the 2 egg whites & honey until they are a soft meringue consistency.
- Gently fold the egg white mix into the almond mix until you have a malleable paste.
- Using your hands, create 20 irregular shaped balls from the mixture. Roll each ball in icing sugar and place on the baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven & bake for around 12 minutes.
- The biscuits should slightly golden, but still remain chewy in the centre
- Leave to cool & enjoy!!! (leave to cool completely before storing in a sealed baking tin – however they may not make the baking tin – they’re addictive & delicious) You can also freeze them & re-dust in icing sugar prior to serving.
For more delicious recipes from Seasoned Cookery School please take a look at our recipe section on our blog!
If you would like to attend a Cookery Course at Seasoned and learn some completely new baking or cooking skills & techniques take a look at all our Cookery Courses or call 01283 810 275.