This delicious Kaffir Lime Panna cotta served with passionfruit jelly & Lime and Yoghurt Sorbet recipe is created by BBC Masterchef finalist Claire Hutchings, who is hosting a series of fine dining evenings with us this December!
Claire Hutchings is a former BBC Professional Masterchef finalist and has also been awarded the ‘Johnnie Borra Award’ for outstanding young chef of the year in 2012. Claire works at a fantastic restaurant in Mallorca, which has just been awarded two Michelin stars & has very kindly created this zesty recipe for you to try.
Kaffir Lime Panna cotta
With Passion fruit, coco nib & a lime and Yoghurt Sorbet
Ingredients for Kaffir Lime Panna Cotta
8g gelatine leaves
- Add the milk, cream & sugar to a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add 5 kaffir lime leaves to the mixture, turn off the heat and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate the gelatine leaves and add to a large tray. Cover with cold water and leave the gelatine leaves to blossom for around 5 minutes.
- Once the cream mixture has infused, strain into a clean saucepan. Squeeze the excess water from the blossomed gelatine leaves and add to the infused cream mixture over a gentle heat to dissolve the gelatin completely.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into glasses and leave to set in the fridge for around 2 hours.
Ingredients for Passion Fruit Jelly
5 passion fruits
Sugar to taste
8g gelatine leaves
- Cut the passionfruit in half & scoop out the passion fruit and mix with the water bring to the boil
- Add sugar to your taste.
- Then add the soaked gelatine leaves.
Lime and Yoghurt Sorbet
2 limes, juiced and zested
500g greek yogurt
Icing sugar to taste
50g pro sorbet (this stabilizes the sorbet) not essential
- Whisk the yogurt, lime juice & zest and add icing sugar to taste.
- Then put in the ice cream machine and churn until ice – cream consistency.
- Place in freezer until ready to serve. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving to make it easier to scoop.
We hope you enjoy this deliciously zesty Kaffir Lime Panna Cotta as much as we do!! If you would like to join us on one of our evenings with Claire Hutchings we do have very few spaces left – call 01283 810 275 or book online.
For more delicious recipes & reviews visit our blog.