Iced Christmas Pudding
With Christmas fast approaching we’ve prepared this delicious Iced Christmas Pudding recipe for you. Be extremely prepared for all your guests this Christmas by making your puddings well in advance, for a stress free Christmas Day. This Iced Christmas pudding is a perfect pudding to impress your guests, simply turn out your puddings and accompany them with roasted plums & a decadent plum glaze.
ICED CHRISTMAS PUDDING
Serves – 6 to 8
Ingredients for this Iced Christmas Pudding
¼ pint milk
1 teaspoon cocoa
1 teaspoon instant coffee
2oz raisins, 1oz currants, 1oz sultanas
2oz maraschino cherries
2oz chopped nuts
½ pint double cream – whipped
Decoration (optional): Plum Glaze
Method for this Iced Christmas Pudding
1. Mix dried fruit with alcohol & allow to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Put the milk, marshmallows, cocoa, coffee powder in saucepan and gently heat until marshmallows are nearly melted. Set aside to cool.
3. Add fruit mixture to marshmallow mixture along with diced cherries and nuts. Mix well & thoroughly.
4. Freeze the mixture for a short time until slightly thickened.
5. Fold the whipped cream into this mixture and pack into a chilled basin. Freeze until firm. Will freeze for a month.
6. Turn out & decorate with plums if liked.
7. Keep in fridge for approx ½ hour before serving.
Best served with roasted plums.
For more alternative Christmas Pudding recipes please visit our Stir Up Sunday Blog post.
If you’re struggling for to find your loved ones the perfect Christmas Gift why not take a look at our Christmas Gift Ideas. We’ve got Cookery Courses perfect for everyone and these Cookery Course Gift Voucher are the perfect pressie!! From Baking courses, Italian to Indian we’ve got a whole range to suit every food lover’s desire.
For more information visit Seasoned Cookery School , email us at email@example.com or call 01283 810 275.