Struggling for canape ideas for the festive season? Why not try our tasty goats’ Cheese Crostini with Caramelised fennel & onion canapes. These delicious canapes are the perfect entertaining canape as they quick & easy to make & will be gone in seconds, so make sure you make enough for everyone!
Goats’ Cheese Crostini with Caramelised fennel & onion canapes
Ingredients for the Goats’ Cheese Crostini with Caramelised fennel & onion canapes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp Aspall white wine vinegar
25 Crostini (made with sliced part baked baguettes brushed with olive oil and baked for 15 minutes at 180C until golden)
100g goats cheese (crumbled or thinly sliced)
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Method for the Goats’ Cheese Crostini with Caramelised fennel & onion
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in pan, once the oil is hot add onion, fennel and garlic & allow to simmer.
- Stir until well coated in the oil and the onion and fennel start to soften but not brown.
- Increase the heat and then add the sugar and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Next stir in mustard and Aspall white wine vinegar and season generously with salt and black pepper.
- When the liquid has evaporated, reduce the heat slightly and leave the mixture to caramelise and darken around the edges, stirring occasionally for a further 8-10 minute. Then Leave to cool.
- Serve the fennel and onion mixture on prepared Crostini and top with goats’ cheese and a grind of black pepper. If preferred goats cheese may be glazed with blow torch.
Enjoy our Goats’ cheese crostini with caramelised fennel & onion canapes with all your friends!!
For all information on our Cookery Courses please click here or call 01283 810 275.