Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Recipe
A failsafe recipe for a gluten free chocolate brownie! Rich and gooey on the inside – what could be better for a GF treat!
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie – Ingredients
250g good quality (60% cocoa) dark chocolate
2 large eggs
300g caster sugar
100g wheat and gluten free plain flour (we use Dove’s farm)
1 tsp xanthan gum (an essential for gluten free baking – get it at Ocado / Amazon)
1/2 tsp salt
25 g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting if you like
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease and line an 8″ square baking tin.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together – either in a pan over a bain marie or in the microwave – slowly and steadily so they don’t burn.
3. Using a hand-held electric mixer / kenwood stand mixer, mix the eggs & sugar together for about 5 minutes until it becomes thick, creamy and pale in colour.
4. Gradually add the melted chocolate and butter until well combined. Gently fold the flour, xanthan gum, salt and cocoa powder. Spoon the mixture into the lined baking tin, making sure it is evenly distributed, and level with the back of a metal spoon.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, but no longer – you want them still gooey in the middle & they will firm up as they cool.
6. Leave the brownies to cool and then cut into small squares.
To learn more about gluten-free baking, why not join us on our one day gluten-free baking cookery course. For more information and to book, click here.