Flapjack for me, is a love, hate relationship – if it is moist, sticky & full of flavour it is an instant energy kick of oaty lovelyness. If it is powdery or like a brick it’s not for me!
Whilst in the midst of moving house I have been on a mission to empty my store-cupboards and have come across some delicious ingredients, just crying out to be turned into a delicious flapjack recipe….
- Oats – Jumbo
- Oats – value
- Golden syrup
- Ginger Jam
- Apricots – finely chopped
- Raisins / mixed fruit
- Zest of one lemon
1) Melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup and ginger jam in a large heavy based pan until all dissolved.
2) Add the dry ingredients and stir until all the ingredients have combined.
3) It should feel like it has all combined, but not too dry / wet.
4) If too dry, add a little more golden syrup, if too wet, add a little more oats.
5) Turn out onto a square tin (9″ square from Alan Silverwood) and bake in the oven at 180 degrees until just turning golden brown.
6) Slice & leave to cool then turn out and enjoy!
If you would like to learn more about baking why not take a look at our baking courses?