Father’s day is the one day dedicated to all those fantastic Dad’s out there! To get ahead with inspirational ideas here is a quick list of our favorites for the big day in June!Places to visit
– Denstone Hall Farm Shop & Cafe – a lovely farm shop in the village of Denstone – perfect to tie in with a walk on the Weaver Hills
– Chatsworth & Chatsworth Farm Shop – amazing, especially the walk from Baslow to Beeley – beautiful on a nice day
– The National Memorable Arboretum – Fantastic, memorable day out within the National Forest where you can see the amazing tree plantation and tributes to our soldiers.
– Visit The Pink Whisk blog for lovely recipes on all things baking – we love her recent bread posts if you fancy impressing your Dad with freshly baked breads
– Our Chocolate truffles are the easiest creation to give to your Dad if you are looking for great DIY present ideas
– Jules at ‘The Butcher, the Baker‘ has some fantastic ideas to inspire you in the kitchen – well worth subscribing to her blog
– Simply Beef and Lamb have some lovely recipes for the perfect Sunday roast – as do Packington Free Range – well worth a look for some culinary inspiration!
– Cook Books – everybody loves a good cook book – our favourite this year is Yottam Ottolenghi’s Plenty – full of vibrant vegetarian recipes and delicious flavour combinations
– A Seasoned Gift Voucher – if your Father, husband or loved one has been dropping hints about how much they would love to improve their cooking then we are here to help! We have a fantastic ‘Men in the Kitchen’ course this Summer which is perfect for Men looking to broaden their repertoire or find some kitchen inspiration. Gift Vouchers available in any denomination and courses start from £99.
– A great knife / pan – we sell a great range of knives and pans on our online shop – perfect for Dads in the kitchen.
– Chocolate! If your Dad has a bit of a sweet tooth then Barry Colenso is the perfect person to visit – via his website you can order amazing chocolate creations that are truly delicious.
– If sweet treats aren’t the answer Freedom Beer may well be! This is the place to go for award winning hand-crafted English lagers with a wide range of choice.
And if you don’t fancy cooking….. here are some Midlands restaurants and pubs to try
– The Middle Bell in Barton Under Needwood is under new ownership and by all accounts their food is excellent – especially their deconstructed snickers dessert!
– The Bull’s Head in Repton ticks all the boxes – great food, wine, beer from our friends at Freedom Brewery along with excellent service and a woodfired pizza oven – who could ask for more?!
– Sanjeev’s Indian restaurant in Badley Green, Stoke on Trent, is a treat for any Dad. Dine in an award winning restaurant to some of the most delicious Indian food Staffordshire has to offer. To contact: 01782 545533