This recipe from MasterChef finalist Jack Lucas takes dinner party cooking to a new level. Each element can be prepared in advance and brought together to impress guests with restaurant style food cooked at home.
Take your time with this beautiful dish, it’s worth it. Enjoy other recipes from Jack on our Modern British cookery course. This is an elegant dish, suitable for a dinner party or a celebration meal.
Will Torrent's Plum and Frangipane Tart
- Take your time and prepare in advance. Elements for example the butternut squash puree & the olive crumb can be made a few days in advance
- Invest in some plastic ‘take away’ containers, these stack easily in the fridge and freezer, so make preparing ahead super easy
- Wild or farmed duck. This dish can be done with either type of duck, wild duck is leaner and smaller so adjust the cooking time as necessary.
- Resting – after pan frying the duck breasts allow 5-10mins in a warm place to rest before carving
- Alternatives to duck: this dish would also be delicious with lamb neck fillet or a rump of lamb
Jack was one of the youngest MasterChef finalists in 2014 when Judges Greg Wallace & John Torode were impressed by his presentation, palate & cookery skills and his approach to Modern British Cookery. Now working for Sainsbury’s in their buying division Jack also runs his own private dining events and corporate cookery events.
Based in London, Jack’s family are based in Birmingham and Jack travels up to Seasoned to teach several times a year. Join us to hone your diner party skills, learn how to create stunning restaurant quality food at home.