Are you planning a party or just wanting to cook something a little different for the family this winter? Why not try our new delicious, mouthwateringly irresistible Cider braised ham with a sweet honey mustard cider glaze!
We’ve created this delicious Cider Braised Ham recipe for our good friends at Aspall Cider. This delicious recipe is extremely versatile, enjoy hot with veg & potatoes or cold with a fresh crips salad or as a sandwich filler.
Cider braised ham with a honey mustard cider glaze
For the Cider braised ham:
3.5kg ham joint, fat scored in a criss cross pattern
4 bay leaves
8 black peppercorns
2 cooking onion, peeled and quartered
1litre Premium Cru Aspall Cider
For the honey mustard cider glaze:
4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
4 tbsp runny honey
100ml Aspall Cider
Method for the Cider braised ham:
- Place the ham into a large stock pot and cover with water. Bring the ham to the boil and strain, removing any extra residue.
- Place the ham into a clean stock pot and half fill with cider and water until covered. Next add the quartered onions, peppercorns and bay leaves and bring back to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 1 ½ hours or until the ham is cooked through.
- In the meantime line a deep baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Once the ham is cooked, remove the ham from the liquid and place into a deep baking tray.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C, gas mark 4.
Method for the honey mustard cider glaze:
- Place all of the ingredients into a deep saucepan and gently heat until all combined & mixed. Allow the glaze to simmer & reduce the glaze slightly until sticky.
- Using a pastry brush, cover the ham with the sticky glaze.
- Place the ham into the oven to roast for 30 minutes until deep golden brown and caramelised.
- Remove the ham from the oven, slice and serve with your favourite accompaniments.
We’d love for you to share your favourite recipes and delicious foodie photographs with us, tweet us @cookerycourses .
For more recipes please visit our blog.