If you want to make your other half a tasty chocolate treat this Valentine’s then why not try making this super simple chocolate truffle recipe?
It has only 5 ingredients and takes approximately 10-15 to make, what could be simpler?
– 200g of good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
– 200 ml of double cream
– 30g of unsalted butter
– Teaspoon of vanilla extract – rum / brandy
– Cocoa powder to dust
Method to make the chocolate truffle recipe:
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and pour into a mixing bowl
- Put the cream and butter into a saucepan until the cream is simmering and the butter has completely melted
- Take the saucepan off the heat and pour over the chocolate and leave for 30 seconds
- Add the vanilla extract (or rum / brandy)
- Mix together the cream mixture and chocolate
- Cool and chill for at least 4 hours
- To shape, dip a melon baller into hot water and scoop
I have recently made this chocolate truffle recipe at our cookery school and it went down a treat with all of the Seasoned team. A great thing about this chocolate truffle recipe is you can also experiment with different flavour combinations!
If you would like to learn some more complex chocolate based bakes then you should come along to our Chocolate Baking course, where you can learn to make a delicious chocolate and raspberry tart! All of our cookery and baking courses are held at our purpose built venue located on the Catton Hall estate, in the beautiful south Derbyshire countryside, just off the A38.
Let us know how you get on making the truffles and the variations you come up with by tweeting us a picture of your finished truffles. We would love to see!