Here at Seasoned Cookery School we love our Chocolate Orange Tiffin recipe. On most Cookery Courses guests will be welcomed with this delicious recipe created by our very own team.
This Chocolate Orange Tiffin is the perfect chocolate treat to make with your children & for them to share with their friends, or to have ready made if you’ve got friends coming for a cuppa. Alternatively you can make it for cake sales or coffee mornings, so why not try this delicious recipe…
Ingredients for the Chocolate Orange Tiffin
400g digestive biscuits
75g mixed dried fruit
25g candied orange peel
Jar of jaffa chocolate spread- Asda sells this!- or a jar of normal chocolate spread with the zest of an orange added to would work just as well
(Alternatively you can use peanut butter, nutella or chocolate orange spread)
200g plain chocolate (melted over a saucepan of simmering water)
10ml vegetable oil
One good quality, straight sided 8″ tin.
Method for the Chocolate Orange Tiffin
- Prepare and line your tin with greaseproof paper and grease the sides of the tin. We use a loose bottomed tin from Silverwood to make removing the squares simple and hassle free.
- Put the biscuits into a large bowl and crush into fine pieces (with a large rolling pin, or you could do this in a food processor)
- Melt the butter and chocolate spread, slowly in a small saucepan.
- Add the butter into the biscuit mixture and then stir in the mixed dried fruit and orange peel. Stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Spread the combined mixture into the bottom of your prepared tin, smoothing the top with the back of a metal spoon and pressing down hard. Then place in the fridge in the fridge while you make the chocolate topping.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a bowl over water (a Bain Marie).
- When the chocolate is almost melted, add the oil and stir until glossy. This will leave you with a glossy and smooth mixture and give the chocolate a good sheen and prevent it from setting ‘rock solid’ so makes it easier to cut and share with friends.
- Take your base mixture out of the fridge and pour your chocolate mixture on top. Tip the tin so the mixture spreads out evenly
- Leave your delicious looking Chocolate Orange Tiffin square tray bake to set in the fridge. Once set, slice into even squares and serve up to family and friends!
For more delicious chocolate or baking recipes visit our blog at Seasoned Cookery School.