Chocolate Cookie Recipe
For the Chocolate cookies
Makes 15 cookies/ 5 towers
- 50 g butter, softened
- 12 g nutella
- 115 g caster sugar
- 18 g golden syrup
- 1 small egg (you may not need to use it all)
- 105 g self-raising flour
- 5 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1) Pre heat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Beat the butter, nutella and sugar together, then mix in the golden syrup and egg.
2) Stir the flour and bicarbonate of soda together and add to the butter/sugar mixture.
3) Roll mixture into small balls (approx 2-3cm in diameter) and place on a greased baking sheet.
4) Pace well apart as they nearly triple in size! Bake in oven for approx 10-12 minutes, until they are an even colour all over.
5) Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Chocolate ganache
100g dark chocolate
100ml double cream
Either the zest of 1 orange or leave plain for the raspberry recipe
1) Melt the chocolate and cream together in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally to combine. The ganache should be a milk chocolate colour once the ingredients have combined.
2) Add ¾ of the orange zest to the combined mixture, and stir thoroughly.
3) Leave the mixture to cool and thicken slightly.
4) Once both the components have cooled, tower 3 layers of cookies with ganache in-between each one. Put a teaspoon of ganache in the centre of the cookie and squeeze all 3 cookies together to allow the ganache to be seen at the edges.
5) If you would prefer to have raspberries instead of orange zest, simply layer a few raspberries between each cookie and spare a few for decorating the top.
If this chocolate cookie recipe has inspired you to learn more about baking, take a look at our baking courses near Birmingham.