Chocolate Chip and Raisin Cookie Recipe
We’ve got a great new chocolate chip and raisin cookie recipe which we use daily for our welcome treats on Seasoned Cookery Courses!! This delicious cookie recipe is adapted from one of Ruth Clemens fabulous recipes.
Chocolate Chip and Raisin Cookie Ingredients – Makes 24 cookies
110g butter, softened
110g caster sugar
85g light soft brown sugar
1 egg, large
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
90g rolled oats
100g chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip and Raisin Cookie Method
- Pre heat your oven to fan 190c/ Gas mark 5
- Lin 2 large baking trays with grease proof paper and set aside
- In a large bowl mix together the butter, caster sugar & light brown sugar until mix has created a paste
- Add the Egg & keep mixing
- Add the vanilla extract & mix thoroughly
- Next mix in the flour, bicarbonate of soda,baking powder and salt & keep mixing
- Pour in the oats and ensure they are distributed evenly throughout the cookie mix.
- Lastly add the Chocolate chips & Raisins and stir in well (please note you could add a different flavouring. i.e white chocolate & dried raspberries)
- Next roll the dough into small balls & place onto the baking tray well spaced out.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and leave for 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on a baking tray.
We’ve also got some great Baking Courses taught by Ruth Clemens including our Bread Making Made Easy & Creative Baking – Bread, Cakes & Pastry for more information visit Seasoned Cookery School.