This quick & easy cheesecake recipe is a perfect ‘prepare ahead’ dessert. It’s deliciously creamy and surprisingly refreshing which makes it a great summer sweet and sure to be a family favourite.
If you would like to learn more delicious desserts then check out our baking courses. The majority are run by Great British Bake Off finalist so you will be able to quiz them about the pressure of being in the tent as well! All of our courses are run at our cookery school in South Derbyshire, a 20 minute drive from Lichfield city centre.
Ingredients for this cheesecake recipe:
175g pack of Digestive Biscuits
1 tin of condensed milk 300ml
150 ml Double cream
350g Soft cheese
Zest & Juice of 3 lemons
Equipment: (7 inch loose bottom tin)
1. Crush the digestive into small pieces, either using a food processor or a the end of a rolling pin.
2. Melt the butter & add to the crushed biscuits. Mix thoroughly until all the biscuit is evenly coated and the butter has been absorbed. Place the biscuit into the loose bottomed tin and flatten down with the back of a spoon. Make sure this is done properly as it will prevent the base from being crumbly!
3. Put the base into the fridge and leave to chill completely before adding the topping. This can be done the night before to save time!
4. For the cheesecake mixture, place the cream cheese into a bowl and beat gently until it starts to soften. Gradually add the condensed milk, mixing continuously to prevent any lumps from forming.
5. Once the cream cheese and condensed milk has combined, add the double cream and continue to mix then add the lemon zest and mix to ensure it is evenly distributed. (N.B. the zest can either be course or fine depending on preference).
6. Add the lemon juice a little at a time until all of it has been fully incorporated. The lemon juice will cause the mixture to thicken so it has a mousse like consistency.
7. Spoon the cheesecake mixture onto the tin and smooth over the surface with a spatula to get an even finish.
8. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, but preferably make this in the morning ready to be eaten in the evening as it is easier to serve once fully chilled.
Decorate with fresh fruit or a little lemon zest. Enjoy!
If you have made this cheesecake recipe then please do leave a comment below and let us know how you got on, or if you have any questions about the recipe.