Carrot cake is a definite favourite in the Seasoned office! The carrot cake recipe we have created has a certain tropical twist as it includes dates and pineapple. These flavours do nothing but compliment the already delicious recipe.
If you would like to learn how to bake more delicious recipes take a look at our baking page for more inspiration!
Carrot cake ingredients
- 285g of dark brown soft sugar
- 225 ml of sunflower oil
- 4 eggs
- 285g of wholemeal flour – self-raising
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 85g of chopped dates
- 255g of grated carrots
- 255g of pineapple chunks chopped
1) Preheat your own to 180°C and grease and line a 8” cake tin (either square or round.
2) Add the eggs and sugar to a bowl and beat using a handheld mixer or stand mixer until light, pale and fluffy.
3) Keep mixing and add the oil in a slow and steady stream.
4) Add the flour and spices and continue to mix until fully incorporated.
5) Finally add the carrots, pineapple and dates and mix until evenly distributed.
6) Transfer the cake mixture to the lined cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for around 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
7) When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- 70g of packaged cream cheese
- 30g of butter
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
- 75g of icing sugar (can take more)
1) Using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and soft cheese until smooth and creamy. Fold through the icing sugar and lemon rind (at this stage, if continuing to mix with a hand held mixer, place a tea towel over the bowl when mixing so that you don’t end up with a cloud of icing sugar!
2) Beat & adjust to taste – we like it with some added lemon juice, but this can make it runny. It’s down to personal preference.