Try our new delicious beetroot and coconut soup recipe. It’s the perfect seasonal and winter warmer dish to have as a light lunch or to share with all your friends.
Beetroot and coconut soup
This delicious Beetroot and Coconut soup is extremely tasty with sweet & zesty hints to create a perfect soup.
4 celery sticks
6 large beetroot (or 8-10 smaller ones)
300ml coconut milk
200ml vegetable stock
1) De-stalk the beetroot and roast in a roasting tin for 45-50 minutes until softened. Remove, cool and remove the dirty outside skin with a small sharp knife (& ideally wearing disposable gloves to save your hands!)
2) Peel & chop the onions and sweat them in a large pan with some olive oil / rapeseed oil.
3) Before they start to colour add the chopped celery to the pan and sweat for a couple of minutes
4) Add the cooled beetroot, & the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes or until the beetroot is nice and soft.
5) Add the coconut milk & bring to a gentle simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove and leave to cool slightly.
6) Blitz with a hand liquidiser. Season well (coconut milk & beetroot are both quite sweet so this dish does need quite a lot of salt). Taste & then either cool & reheat just before serving or serve straightaway.
7) To finish serve with a squeeze of lime.
(In summer this recipe is also delicious cold)
Seasoned offer a variety of Seasonal cookery courses including our Game Cookery Course, Artisan Food & Pre- Christmas Entertaining with Tim Maddams and Christmas Baking with Brendan Lynch.