BBQ Hereford Beef Skewers With Cashew Nut Dip
Seasoned Cookery School have partnered up with Hereford Beef UK to create this delicious BBQ Hereford Beef recipe!
We’re enjoying the last few days of summer here at Seasoned, and there’s no better way to enjoy the beautiful summer evenings than to have a good old British BBQ. This delicious Hereford Beef BBQ recipe is prefect for you to share with all your friends and family this weekend!
Ingredients for BBQ Hereford Beef Skewers
For the marinade
2 bulbs of garlic
Thumb sized piece of ginger
50ml olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chilli
500g Flank Steak
For the Cashew nut sauce
1 clove garlic
25g ginger – good thumb sized piece
2 tablespoons soy
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoon red thai curry paste
200ml coconut milk
Handful of wooden / metal skewers
1) To make the marinade in a food processor place all the ingredients, except the yoghurt and blitz to form a fine paste. Add the yoghurt and stir in until combined.
2) Slice the flank steak into 1/2 inch wide strips, place in a bowl / zip lock bag and pour over the marinade. Refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
3) To make the cashew nut sauce, add all the ingredients, except the coconut milk into a food processor and blitz to form a fine paste. Add the coconut milk and stir through. Check for seasoning & add more of your desired ingredients until you reach a flavour & spiciness you are happy with.
1) Heat the BBQ to its highest heat. Thread the marinaded beef onto skewers and bring to room temperature before cooking.
2) Grill on the BBQ for 3-4 minutes each side and serve with the dipping sauce, rice and naan breads.
Love this recipe? Take a look at all of our delicious recipes here.